The Power of Partnerships
Partnerships are fundamental to how we operate at JPFS. Through partnerships we continue to develop relationships that deliver proven investment strategies for our partners individual and institutional clients.
Trademakers is our digital wealth brand, offering simple, direct access to digital wealth management solutions for every risk appetite, while our alternative asset management division brings pure alpha-seeking strategies to professional investors.
Select the partnership type you would like to know more about
ASSET MANAGERS PROGRAMS & STRATEGIES
JPFS aims to reward our clients with strong investment performance, underpinned by robust risk management policies through building long-term partnerships with great investment providers.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Program managers and investment strategists must display the qualities of transparency and a dedicated focus on risk management before they start working with JPFS.
To determine if the program or strategy is suitable for inclusion in JPFS’s investment offerings, we assess each of these questions with every prospective manager we engage with:
- Does the manager think like the owner of a private business (does she show respect for her clients money)?
- Is the team intensely passionate & competitive about their investing? This would be evidenced by a naturally curious team with a strong desire to unearth unique sources of information and to develop deeper insights into risk and opportunities than their competitors.
- Does the organisation’s culture inspire honesty and a genuine sense of integrity?
- Is the organisation’s culture one that embraces continuous learning in everything they do, and does it have processes in place to ensure the team learns from previous investment mistakes and from the best practices of similar or competing institutions?
- Does the firm's leadership ensure clear decision-making policies are in place, based on individual accountability?
- Is performance achieved in line with the firm's approach to risk management? Program managers need not have a long-term proven track record of managing third-party investor capital, but will ideally have invested through a full business cycle thereby demonstrating extraordinary results against the appropriate risk-matched benchmark.
- Short of having a verifiable performance track record as described above, we look for performance levels from individual investment examples as well as first-hand experience and training received from industry leading veteran investors.
- The manager might have a contrarian investment philosophy, and not just participate in crowded trades. A contrarian philosophy or variant perception must though lead by superior insights rather than being contrarian for the sake of it.
- Does the manager seek out asymmetric return distributions that provide a margin of safety? Does the degree and nature of this asymmetry drive the Portfolio Manager’s conviction often resulting in a concentrated portfolio?
- Is the manager able to articulate a clear, identifiable competitive edge? There must an understandable, logical reason for the manager’s outperformance that is likely to endure.
- Is there a clearly documented investment process from sourcing to exiting, and is adherence to this process policed over time?
- Is the investment decision-making process efficient and effective, making the right trade-off between independent input and cross-checks with a close eye on data and analytics, whether fundamental or technical?
- We have a strong bias toward deep fundamental, bottom-up research processed by brilliant minds and enhanced by sheer hard work.
- Is the investment team paranoid about “what could go wrong” and constantly stress test their portfolios against hypothetical events?
- Are fees and other terms are aligned with investor goals? At JPFS, we do not pay performance fees on market or beta returns.
- Performance reports offer excellent transparency sufficient for us to appreciate attribution changes over time.
- The time horizon on investor capital must match or exceed the time horizon for the underlying investments. Long-term capital can exist through specified terms or by the type of investor base accumulated.
- The manager must be disciplined in containing asset growth. At the outset the manager must have a clear intent to contain asset growth and prioritise the preservation of excess returns over asset accumulation.
- For more about our attitude to managing risk, read our Risk Committee & Risk Policy (more about Risk Management)
We work closely with crypto exchanges to introduce investment programs that exchanges wish to offer as managed accounts and advisory services to their private and institutional clients.
Exchanges must have adaptable API connections, long and short facilities, a high level of Due Diligence on KYC/AML procedures and top level of custodian access or in-house custodian technology. All exchanges we work with must also have all of the licenses required to operate an exchange in the jurisdiction it is based in/regulated by.
We do not compromise on safety, licensing or regulatory status, and neither should you.
JPFS can provide a suite of proven investment strategies either as a stand-alone trading strategy, or a combined Multi-Select Strategy within the digital currency market.
JPFS has built up a large international network and client databases which can be made available to the exchanges we partner with to help them acquire more business to the benefit of all parties involved.
Access to diversified programs and strategies is central to our promise to our clients. As such, JPFS works actively with qualifying custodian banks and institutions to enable our clients to participate in investments from the security of their existing custodian provider.
Are you looking to scale your business and accelerate growth? Would you like to offer your clients a fully managed investment portfolio, or a tailored advisory service? JPFS provides qualifying brokers with direct access to our vetted investment programs, automated reporting tools and a compelling commercial model.
As a regulated Swiss financial services company, JPFS offers marketing experts an opportunity to confidently promote our solutions to individual investors as well as institutions across the world.
Partner marketing professionals can achieve long-term revenues across all our investment programs working with JPFS. If you are an affiliate marketer, media specialist, email marketing pro or a strategic marketing agency, we'd love to hear from you.
JPFS is actively seeking marketing partners to work with in Europe, South America, North America, Africa and Asia.